This past week I spent working out the precise design and shape of the underside windows of the workbee. While at first blush, this would seem to be a fairly straight-forward task, working it out as if it were a “real” vehicle that would need to operate in the vacuum of space made it pretty challenging.Continue reading
This past week I began working on the generic corridor sections beginning with the “curved” radial sections as produced in Lora Johnson‘s Mr. Scott’s Guide to the Enterprise as well as the numerous photo references and blu-ray screencaps. I did this to begin to try and reconcile the deck levels in the primary hull, which obviously impact how the deck and window levels within the bridge superstructure are arranged which I have been working on for some time.
After a trip to New York City, and also doing various other life-related things, as well as other various Star Trek related illustrations and researching, early this week I finally got the high-resolution images of the Star Trek: The Motion Picture (ST:TMP) blue-line drawings (aka “blueprints”) I picked up earlier this year, from the imaging studio where I was having them converted into digital images.