New Recreational Graphics

It has been quite some time since I have done any work on my long-running Enterprise-refit project. This was mostly due to my shifting onto another of my hobbies, the old-school fantasy RPG called Hârn, which I have collected since 1983. Earlier this year we decided to move the home office from one room in the house to another. Having move boxes and boxes of printed material collected in numerous 3-ring binders and such, prompted me to begin to digitize it all so I could move all the Hârn material into storage. Needless to say the boxes I opened when moving turned out to be more of a Pandora’s box, in that I began converting it all into a fully interlinked wiki called Hârnica. So I have spent pretty much the last year doing that. I am still only about a 1/3rd of the way through it all and it has evolved into another of my “eternal hobbies”.

Continue reading

You have been ID’ed

Last night I had a breakthrough on some of the detailing for the workbee. While doing some online searching at some model hobby shop websites which have some decent background information on model kits, some including photos of the kits sprue tree. One of the sites had a section on “sci-fi” kits section. Curious as to what they had on them clicked on it and it had lumped in model kits of actual space hardware, such as the NASA rockets listed on that page.

Continue reading
Interior view of the 3D model of the workbee's port underside window. The windows translucency is simulated.

Screw the Window Frames

I finally completed modeling the mounting hardware for the underside windows on the workbee. It actually entailed rebuilding the inside “window” edge of the components. This was due to not leaving the inside face of the window opening vertical. Instead I had it at the 41.5º angle which is the average outside slope of the underside angled hull in the area of the window location.

Continue reading