After a brief hiatus from working on the detailing of the Enterprise-refit‘s recreation deck, I jumped back into it and modeled the multimedia intercom panel as well as made some corrections on the sidewall buttress light-panels. In addition, I finished drawing up the artwork for the alcove signage for the remaining five alcoves.
I took a break from modeling the Workbee to begin roughing out the 3D modeling of the Recreation Deck on the Enterprise-refit from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (TMP). This was one of the more visually interesting sets built for the film, but also the most problematic one for us rivet-counting Treknolgists.Continue reading
This past week I spent working out the precise design and shape of the underside windows of the workbee. While at first blush, this would seem to be a fairly straight-forward task, working it out as if it were a “real” vehicle that would need to operate in the vacuum of space made it pretty challenging.Continue reading
Over the past week, I have been working on modeling the underside “greebles” of the workbee. Thanks to some reference images I got awhile back, I was able to make some more headway. I pretty much have all the detailing on the underside completed but will need to make final positioning of the lower windows and the package monitor/control panel points (panels) which are on the lower sidewalls.Continue reading
While I have not updated my blog in the past two months, it’s not because I have not been working on a bunch of things in the digital 3D realm for the Enterprise drawings from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (ST:TMP). I have simply been spending a lot of time doing a deep dive on the travel pod doors to reverse engineer the docking port at the back of the Enterprise Bridge deck. That in turn will inform the Bridge/2-3 Deck superstructure.
Just a late night update on some 3D modeling I have been doing on some warp nacelle flux chiller grills. I have been focusing the past several weeks, when I can, on working out the very subtle compound curves for the chiller grills.
I have spent the past few evenings, when not battling driving during a snow-storm that shut down the Portland metro area, working on 3D modeling some of the parts of the workbee spine.
I got a little side-tracked over the weekend in that I began working on some preliminary cargo pod illustrations. These will eventually be part of the cargo-train attachment on a few of the workbees.