It has been quite some time since I have done any work on my long-running Enterprise-refit project. This was mostly due to my shifting onto another of my hobbies, the old-school fantasy RPG called Hârn, which I have collected since 1983. Earlier this year we decided to move the home office from one room in the house to another. Having move boxes and boxes of printed material collected in numerous 3-ring binders and such, prompted me to begin to digitize it all so I could move all the Hârn material into storage. Needless to say the boxes I opened when moving turned out to be more of a Pandora’s box, in that I began converting it all into a fully interlinked wiki called Hârnica. So I have spent pretty much the last year doing that. I am still only about a 1/3rd of the way through it all and it has evolved into another of my “eternal hobbies”.Continue reading
Tag Archives: 3D printing
Hangin’ on the Intercom…
After a brief hiatus from working on the detailing of the Enterprise-refit‘s recreation deck, I jumped back into it and modeled the multimedia intercom panel as well as made some corrections on the sidewall buttress light-panels. In addition, I finished drawing up the artwork for the alcove signage for the remaining five alcoves.
A Little Recreation
I took a break from modeling the Workbee to begin roughing out the 3D modeling of the Recreation Deck on the Enterprise-refit from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (TMP). This was one of the more visually interesting sets built for the film, but also the most problematic one for us rivet-counting Treknolgists.Continue reading
Just posted a YouTube clip on the latest progress on the Workbee 3D model I have been working on. Made some decent headway the past week. Only need to add one small warning label that appears on the top aft part of the chassis.
Things are Taking Shape(ways)
This past weekend, when coming back from Sisters Oregon, location of turkey consumption at the home of my better-half’s dad and his wife, I was excited to see the initial test 3D printed pieces of the workbee upper shell in the mailbox.
A big step forward last night and today. After working on some test 3D models to do some 3D printing for the workbee parts, I uploaded the initial upper hull piece to Shapeways, and it is now in production.
3D Printing and a New Approach
It’s been several weeks since my last post and a lot of experimenting and a possible change in direction is in the offing.