Well, I have been working with the initial draft artwork for the workbee spine. And it is as I imagined. Insanely small and pushing the envelope of being able to be cut, folded and built.
Tonight I had some success building the upper half of a workbee, this time running three of the fiber optic filaments, and then attaching the newest set of yellow printed PVC vinyl tape panels.
Tonight I assembled a decent transparency layer, and tested out threading six 0.25mm fiber optic filaments into the workbee. It was on the whole successful, though one of the side running light filaments moved while I was curing the UV adhesive, and it snapped inside the upper shell.
Well after some sweat equity this evening (and early morning) I managed to assemble the first workbee with the new vinyl wraps on the roof with the fiber optic filament threaded through it.
While on a trip to Seattle, October 1, 2016 I went on a pilgrimage to the Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds, 50th Anniversary exhibition at the Sci-fi Museum which is part of the Experience Music Project Museum (EMP). While there I took a series of photos of the Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser.
A quick update on this evenings progress with the workbees. Continue reading